It’s just funny how quickly people start to bitch once they’re not part of the spotlight or “in-crowd” anymore.
Last night’s debate was really a debate put on to try to sell McCain even more (which they didn’t do). Personally I would rather vote for a Democrat then Insane… I mean McCain. If you watched though you saw how the media basically ignored Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee for the most point.
Low and behold though, I’m reading an article on CCN on how Mike Fuckame… I mean Huckabee is all upset because he felt cheated out of time in the debate and how he didn’t get a chance to push his points. Whoa, whoa… Hey Mike, how the fuck does it feel? No so good, does it. Where the hell was this when the media was only being unfair to Paul? Oh… I guess it was OK when it was being done to someone else and not you. Typical religious fuck. See this is why you can never have a religious person in office, they’re so fucked up in the head. As long your not oppressing them, everything is cool. I would fucking love it if a law was passed where, Baptist, Catholics and Christians couldn’t get married; let them get a taste of how they treat the gay community; preaching assholes.
[Calm down RIP, calm down, save your hatred for organized religion and the church for another post.]
Only good thing is that Mike Huckabee will be out of this thing real soon since he is basically bankrupt. Furthermore the man needs to be in front of the media since he has no real message and without the exposure will drift into the sunset and be forgotten.
Ron Paul will continue to truck along even without the media on his side. Who needs the media when you have truth!
Go Ron Paul!!!
Bottom line… I’m with Ron Paul forever. I will continue to support him and donate to his campaign. I give a FUCK about what the polls, media or others say.
One day this country will wake up and actually support the person that they have been asking for for the last 8 years and stop being such sheep. I can only pray it happens before Super Tuesday.
With that I say… Go Ron Paul!
Listen closely and you’ll pick it out that Romney doesn’t care about increasing our taxes. Does he come right out and say it… no of course not, but listening to this, you can read into it. On a better note, he pisses the radio guy off so much that he states that he will vote for Ron Paul!
Please people, donate to the Call4Paul project. These volunteers have already reached 2 million people by making phone calls and they want to reach another 3 million before Super Tuesday. This will happen, but they need the funds to do it.
If you haven’t heard about the project, take the time to read about them. Without a doubt, this is exactly what the campaign needs to give it that push.
Since all comments made to CNN’s blog are moderated, there is a good chance that mine won’t show up. For that reason I’m posting it here along with a link to the article.
Sorry to say but McCain is a war monger like Bush. If he’s elected, be prepared to be in this war for the next 100 years (a direct quote he has made). Coupled with the fact that he has admitted that economics isn’t his strong point (another direct quote he made).
Romney is no better. He wants to stay in the war as well. I think the reason people support him is because he states he wants to lower taxes like all the other candidates. I don’t get how you can afford to fight a war overseas that is as expensive as this war has been, while still lowering taxes?
Personally I believe that within the first 4 years of either parties presidency, this country will go bankrupt. Within those 4 years, the dollar will be weakened to the point where the pound is 4 fold the dollar’s value (it’s 2 fold now) and the dollar will be on the same level as the peso.
Call me an idiot like you all will, but I’m endorsing Ron Paul to the bitter end.
Everyone I talk to always tells me that they want to get out of this war, they want their taxes lowered and they’re tired of paying close to 4 dollars for a gallon for gas. They all say this, yet they’ll turn around and endorse people like McCain, Romney or Huckabee while calling Ron Paul a lunatic. I just don’t get it.
I think the American people wants to see this country go into turmoil. By endorsing the other candidates, I feel they’re on their way there.
Seemingly in the same spot, on my old couch.
It’s got an ass-groove permanently indented in it. Every single night I come home, plug in my laptop and the VERY first site I visit is here. Every single night, it’s the SAME scenario. I digress.
Since May 16th of 2007, when I saw my very first Ron Paul debate Video, and subsequently ‘skipped’ working for the day and fervently scoured youtube for more of this amazing person, I now find myself in disarray.
At times, I am an amazing supporter of this man. I give and give and give, until finally time takes it’s toll on me. At times, I feel weak. I feel less than inspired anymore.
I have signed up to do my job as a delegate, as a meetup organizer, you name it. I have done more for this campaign in the last 7 months than I have ever given towards anything in my life. And that is the truth. Anything……
When people ask me about WHY I support Ron Paul, my watered down answer has now become nothing more than the unadulterated truth in it’s purest form.
“Ron Paul has cured my apathy”
Everyone here knows exactly what I’m saying. It’s what binds us together as people from every single possible walk of life. In public, we are very different people. If we put us all in a single room, we would divide within 10 minutes because of our social differences. But if asked what we believe in politically, we would stand arm to arm, hand in hand, in a bond that is unbreakable.
The largest standing armies of the world could not diffuse how we feel.
They could not stifle the energy we have all learned and accepted to embrace, with a fervor that I cannot describe.
I try, daily almost, to regain that ‘feeling’. We all know ‘that’ feeling.
When we first realized Ron Paul represented something we have all lost total faith in. Honesty. Integrity. A real man, with real values.
Since that day in May of 2007, I have become SO upset.
I have learned A LOT. About myself, and about Ron Paul.
About my fellow Freedom Fighters and about this country and politics.
I have also failed miserably at times to be a ‘good’ RP supporter.
I am mean sometimes to my fellow patriots. I am quick to judge those who voice their opinions here, and that’s wrong. I’ve always known it was, and it’s always haunted my personal life, but it is what it is.
All that being said, I was very disappointed recenltly.
I’ve put SO much work into this Revolution. So much.
And after watching Iowa and then subsequently New Hampshire, I was ready to quit. I didn’t know if I could put forth THIS much effort into something I feel SO strongly about, and watch it fail. I honestly am worried I’ll slip into depression.
At times I find myself questioning if ‘it’s all worth it’.
Other times I’m more motivated than ever. I honestly think what keeps me going is the ‘trolls’ and watching the debates. The fact that some of my friends were democrats, and are now supporting RP keeps me alive inside.
I am not a very social person. I like to ‘live’ in my comfort zone.
I have a group of friends that I’ve VERY close to; and I really believe it’s because I’m afraid to branch out. I trust these people, and their opinions mean everything to me.
Since May, I have converted all of those friends (6 total) minus one (a staunch Democrat) to support Ron Paul. They don’t all do what I do, but they all now see how the MSM slanders him, and it only sows the seeds of their anger. They see what Fox does to him, and they are awakening. It is watching this, in action, that keeps me going. I see people I care about, finally seeing what I’ve been seeing since May. They are angry and upset about the Fox debates, and the exclusions. They see what is really going on…..that our media runs our lives.
Not everyone is converted, though. And I can’t change my world alone.
I am learning to let some people go and just realize that you can’t change everything and everyone.
So what does all this mean??
The grassroots has accomplished AMAZING things since I’ve joined.
From the SPAM Spartanburg project to the Tea Party, at times I’ve been so inspired, I’ve wanted to run myself for public office. It’s truly been life changing.
But since Iowa, I feel that people are sharing my initial fears.
That we can’t win. The mountain is too big to overcome.
I myself am FULLY to blame for buying this line as well.
I’m not perfect….not even close.
There are 2 things I believe we need to do as ‘average’ citizens who WANT some real change.
1. Get Ron Paul what he needs.
When I watch Ron in the debates, my heart truly goes out to him.
I feel like “here’s a man, who has been ridiculed daily for more than 30 years of his life.” He truly CARES about THIS country. Not about a job, or the money, or how he can get rich of the position, but about America. A TRUE PATRIOT.
When Fox slams him by calling him ‘unelectable’, as they did last night, I can’t tell you how happy I was to see him stand up there, amidst all that bullshit, and all the slander, and look America straight in the face and tell us all the truth.
I cannot tell you how much I wish I could walk up behind him, when he’s asked “Are you electable”, or “Are you a Republican”, or “Are you running for the wrong party”, and quietly put my hand on his shoulder, and let him know “I’m here with you Ron”. You are NOT doing this ALONE anymore. We have AWAKEN.
I feel like I owe this man SO much, I don’t know if I can ever repay him.
For YEARS he has put up with this abuse.
So I ask you this…..
Even if you believe (or don’t believe) that the HQ isn’t capable of handling this thing in the conventional manner, and hasn’t spent the money on these slick Campaign Managers, do we NOT OWE IT TO HIM for all he has done for us over his lifetime??
So…what the fuck are you saying BLS?
Get him his $23 Million. It’s not about Paul….it’s NEVER been about Ron Paul.
It’s about what he needs to stand up and FIGHT for us.
What does it require? EVERYONE to donate their max.
Fine….whatever….I know times are tough.
I also know I just spent $400 on a stereo and speakers for my car.
And as I’m sitting there, i’m thinking….”I’m willing to spend $400 for a stereo for my car, but can’t seem to find a way inside to donate money to a man who fights for me everyday; and this man doesn’t even know me.”
Let’s get Ron the money he needs….
The money he needs to STAND UP to these SON OF A BITCHES.
The money he needs to keep the good fight up.
The money he needs to spread to ALL Americans…..that feeling.
That feeling that when you FINALLY understand what he’s saying, and that he’s true, honest and trustworthy, you also found a way to cure your apathy.
Let’s spread that feeling to every American.
Stop fighting inside yourself on whether you should get involved any further.
Just do it.
I am asking EVERY single member here to beg, borrow or loan yourself all the money you need to max out to this campaign.
You can give $2300 legally (Thanks to John McCain).
Find a way to do it.
Look at your son. Look at your daughter.
Maybe look at your Dad or your Mom, and ask yourself:
Am I OK watching my neocon Dad spend his retirement poor, because our Government does not care?
Am I OK leaving my kids a debt SO insurmountable that I know they will live in a possible life-long recession or even depression?
do whatever it takes.
Inside, you will find that you agree with me completely.
Take that energy. INVEST IT in Freedom.
I will have to borrow about $400 to max out.
I’m a very fisfcally conservative person…..but this time…I don’t care.
This WILL get done. It HAS to.
WE HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE.
Thanks for hearing me out.
Reprinted from http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=87578
I didn’t write this, but found it very inspirational. Digg would not let me link to the forums, so I had no choice but put it on my blog. BLS’ profile can be found at http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=898
America became the greatest, most prosperous nation in human history through low taxes, constitutionally limited government, personal freedom and a belief in sound money. We need to return to these principles so our economy can thrive again. When enacted, my plan will provide both short-term stimulus and lay the groundwork for long-term prosperity.
Other candidates talk a lot about stimulus packages, but my record stands alone. I have fought for these measures for years as a member of Congress and will make them a top priority as president.
Ron Paul, a 10-term Republican Congressman from Texas’s 14th District, is currently the ranking member of the House Financial Services Committee’s Subcommittee on Domestic and International Monetary Policy, Trade, and Technology. He has been named “Taxpayers’ Best Friend” for 10 consecutive years by the National Taxpayers’ Union. Ron Paul is also the author of several books on monetary policy and economics.
The Four-Point Plan
- Tax Reform: Reduce the tax burden and eliminate taxes that punish investment and savings, including job-killing corporate taxes.
- Spending Reform: Eliminate wasteful spending. Reduce overseas commitments. Freeze all non-defense, non-entitlement spending at current levels.
- Monetary Policy Reform: Expand openness at the Federal Reserve and require the Fed to televise its meetings. Return value to our money.
- Regulatory Reform: Repeal Sarbanes/Oxley regulations that push companies to seek capital outside of US markets. Stop restricting community banks from fostering local economic growth.
- Eliminate Taxes on Dividends and Savings. The basis of capitalism is savings, and Americans who do so should be rewarded.
- Pass HJ Res. 23 to encourage savings over consumption.
- Repeal the Death Tax. Attacking small businesses and breaking up family farms smothers growth and kills jobs.
- Pass H.R. 2734 to make the Bush tax cuts permanent.
- Cut Taxes for Working Seniors. Grandmothers and grandfathers working to make ends meet should keep all the fruits of their labor.
- Pass H.R. 191 to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the inclusion in gross income of Social Security benefits.
- Eliminate Taxes on Social Security Benefits. That money belongs to seniors, not the government. They paid into the system for a lifetime, and they should be free to spend every penny as they see fit.
- Pass H.R. 192 to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the 1993 increase in taxes on Social Security benefits.
- Accelerate Depreciation on Investment. We need to help companies grow and create jobs.
- Pass H.R. 4995 to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to reduce corporate marginal income tax rates.
- Eliminate Taxes on Capital Gains. Investment should be embraced and rewarded.
- Pass H.J. Res 23 (The “Liberty Amendment”), proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to abolishing personal income, estate, and gift taxes and prohibiting the United States Government from engaging in business in competition with its citizens.
- Eliminate Taxes on Tips.The single parents and working students who earn their income chiefly through tips deserve to keep all of their money. This tax on “estimated income” is unfair and should be ended.
- Pass H.R. 3664 to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that tips shall not be subject to income or employment taxes.
- Support the Mortgage Cancellation Relief Act. Working families who lost their homes should not be punished a second time with a big IRS bill.
- Pass H.R. 1876 to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude from the gross income of individual taxpayers discharges of indebtedness attributable to certain forgiven residential mortgage obligations.
- Reduce Overseas Military Commitments. Our bases and troops should be on our soil.
- It’s time to stop subsidizing our trading partners in Europe, Japan and South Korea.
- Freeze Non-Defense, Non-Entitlement Spending at Current Levels
- I vote against all bloated, pork laden spending bills and will veto them as president.
- Televise Federal Open Market Committee Meetings. An institution as powerful as the Federal Reserve deserves full public scrutiny.
- Expand Transparency and Accountability at the Federal Reserve
- Pass H.R. 2754 to require the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System to continue to make available to the public on a weekly basis information on the measure of the M3 monetary aggregate and its components.
- Return Value to Our Money. Legalize gold and silver as a competing currency.
- Level the long-term boom and bust business cycle by passing H.R. 4683, which would repeal provisions of the federal criminal code relating to issuing coins of gold, silver, or other metal for use as current money and making or possessing likenesses of such coins.
- Repeal Sarbanes/Oxley. It has seriously wounded our capital markets and helped make the UK a financial center at our expense.
- Ending these misguided regulations would bring jobs flooding back to the United States
- Pass H.R. 1049 to reform Sarbanes-Oxley and reduce the burden it places on small businesses.
- Repeal or Remove Costly and Unnecessary Federal Regulations. Neighbors know best how to help their neighbors.
- We need to make it easier for community banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions to better serve their communities and to help people in these communities get access to credit and capital.
- Pass H.R. 1869 to enhance the ability of community banks to foster economic growth and serve their communities, boost small businesses, increase individual savings, and for other purposes.
Sounds good to me. Pass it along to everyone!
I’m completely pissed off after watching last nights debates and listening to the radio on the way into work this morning.
The debates last night were a joke to me. Seems like the only real reason Ron Paul was there was so the other candidates could ignore him and the news media could give the illusion that he is insignificant in this election. Dr. Paul got asked a grand total of 3 questions last night and if you were really paying attention, one of those question was if he would run as a Libertarian if he didn’t win the Republican vote, a question he has been asked numerous times before.
On to the radio today, I was listening to 610 WIOD in Miami. As they were going over last nights debate the news anchor said, “If you want to hear more from the four candidates…” Ahhhh, WTF lady? Last I checked Paul was still in this race which would make the count five!
I’m getting to the point where I’m losing faith in this country. We’re now seeing first hand how the media can sway and manipulate the news to their viewpoint rather than being bias and just reporting, being fair and balanced so to speak. It seems to me that, yes, the media is being either paid off or threatened by someone behind the scenes to keep Ron Paul suppressed.
I whole heartily believe that if Ron Paul doesn’t become our leader, this country will go bankrupt. We are going into a recession, our dollar is worthless, we are fighting a pointless and costly war; in four years from now it will all be happening only worst and by then it will too late to bail ourselves out. In four years, America, will be bankrupt.