Rip's Domain

OraOLEDB.Oracle: ICommandText::Execute returned 0x80040155

Posted in Oracle, TechSupport by rip747 on January 30, 2008

I just ran into this problem today. Everything was working fine with my linked server connection to the Oracle database (if you haven’t been following the saga.. read up on it) and then it just stopped working.

Anywho, I managed to get things working again by deleting the linked server and recreating it. This time though I made sure to the “Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle” provider and made sure that “Allow In Process” was checked under the “Provider Options” from the advice I got here.

After doing that, everything is working once again.

I’m becoming a bit of an expert with linked servers to Oracle.

One Response

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. Bill said, on June 21, 2011 at 3:27 pm

    This information is great – you are the only source I could find with the solution to our problem – thank you!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: