My own CFWheels Geek Week is coming…
I’m not one for going away for vacation, it’s just not me, and with the wife starting up her own business it just seems that we won’t be going away any time soon. However I have to burn some of my vacation time at work or I’ll lost it when the year is over. With that I actually managed to convince the wife and my boss to let me take a week off from work, once my current project is done with, and just geek out for the 9 days on some open source. No distractions or nothing, just coding until I collapse with exhaustion over the keyboard. Hence the inception of my own CFWheels Geek Week. Hopefully I’ll be able to take this week sometime this month or the beginning of May.
- Get the testing framework finally merged into the core (got to wait until 1.0 hits first)
- write a slew of tests against the existing core and for some of the features that keep causing bugs
- See what outstanding bugs and feature requests are in the issue list and what I can help to squash. Adding views and stored procedure support doesn’t seem all that complex and I have some ideas of what to do to implement it.
- Look at the routing engine that is currently implemented and see how it could be sped up and maybe implement namespaces and regular expression support.
- I want to look at a way to implement something similar to Engines that Rails has.
Those are my goals and I don’t know if I’ll be able to get through them all in the 9 days that I have. My top priority is the testing framework and the tests.
If you want to help out in any way it would be most welcomed. Even if it’s just an email with an idea of how to implement something, hell man, send it along. If you want help with some coding you can checkout the project using either svn or fork via github.